Saturday, August 22, 2009

Full


This morning we took my parents to the airport. They are on their way back to Asia as I write. The saying goodbye is always hard for me; it is like part of my heart is getting on the plane with my parents. But the sadness in saying goodbye is always a reminder of the overflowing joy and deep love we share while we are together. If it just weren't so good to be together, it wouldn't be so hard to say goodbye.

So we're left with a much emptier and quieter house. Tonight Shane, Silas and I went out for a quick dinner and ran some errands. We talked about the fun we'd had while Papa and Nana were in town. We blew raspberries. We pushed the lights in the van on and off. And we had a small but hilarious dance party on the drive home. In the sadness, we choose joy. And as I whispered to my mom this morning through our tears, they have left our lives more full than before.







We all love you, Papa and Nana. We are already looking forward to our skype this week!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post was so sweet. Now I miss Nana and Papa, and I wasn't even there for your visit! :)
Wish I was close enough to give you a big hug. Consider yourself hugged through the computer. Love you, girl.

Ashley said...

So glad you guys had a good time! I'll be thinking of you in the next few days as you are missing them greatly.

And think of me...my firstborn starts first grade tomorrow!!!