Saturday, March 13, 2010

Run-Down and a Run-In

Oh, these sweet boys.
.
Silas and I went to play with our friends Julie and Jonah this week. I totally forgot I had taken pictures till I turned on the camera tonight (below you'll read why I had to get it out!). It's fun that they are both learning to look at the camera and smile.
.
We went back to the doctor for a regular check-up and ultrasound this week. The babies are growing; both weigh over a pound now. It's really amazing to think about. Lieren is our baby A, meaning she is the baby lower down. Simeon is baby B. They are both wiggly little monsters.
.
Shane and my parents both let me know that they didn't think I accurately portrayed how to pronounce Lieren's name. They all say the break should be after the r. After hearing them, I do agree. So her name is really said leer-en. Sweet little girl is breech right now. I'm praying she turns in the next several weeks. Both the babies heads are on my right side and that will get super uncomfortable as they grow if they stay that way!
.
Isn't the shirt I'm wearing cute? Our friends Vince and Alisa are selling them through their blog. If you get one, you'll be supporting their next adoption and they are also donating a portion of the proceeds to help purchase playground equipment for a children's home in Ethiopia. I got it in the mail this week and was so excited when I realized it still fit!
.
Well, tonight Shane had to work so Silas and I spent an evening at home by ourselves. Unfortunately, when I was sitting right there beside him, Silas had his first run-in with a black marker...
We keep some pens and markers in a drawer in our guest bedroom. We usually just keep that door shut, but when we can keep an eye on the boy, he loves to sit, pull the drawer open, and dig through all the office-y stuff. He has never been able to pull the tops off the markers before. Tonight he figured it out. And immediately put the marker in his mouth!
.
I couldn't help but laugh and immediately took him into the bathroom to show him what he had done. He thought it was funny, too. Thankfully it was a Crayola washable marker, not a permanent one. It all came off quickly in the bath and with a good teeth-brushing. Now I'll just have to clear that drawer out!


No comments: