Thursday, February 10, 2011

2 Two Year Olds + 2 Sets of Twins + 2 Mommies = Crazy Fun

Have I mentioned that I have a friend from church who is pretty much living my life? She and her husband have a son just a couple months older than Silas and twins who are just about a month younger than Simeon and Lieren.
.
And they came to play with us today!
.
This is Sim and Lieren with their friends Schaeffer and Logan...

.
Here is Silas playing with his friend Jack...
The two older boys ran around the kitchen/dining room/living area/play area more times than I can count! Silas kept asking Jack to "run and chase" with him. And Jack obliged as long as he could push one of our trucks. It was too funny. Here they are giving a "high 5"...
.
Having 6 children ages 2 and under with just two mommies made for a never-a-dull-moment kind of playdate. But it is always refreshing for me to be with Natalie. She loves her kids and she is just as real as can be. We share all the same joys and struggles so our hearts are knit pretty close even though we haven't known each other that long and don't spend that much time together (simply due to the nature of having 3 babies in each of our homes!). I have told the Lord more than once that He is thoughtful beyond measure to have brought Natalie into my life. She makes me feel normal.

.
I'm actually laughing as I look at these pictures. The babies had fun, the 2 year olds wore themselves out (and played very well together, I might add!) and Natalie and I got to talk. It's one of those things I've mentioned before - a lot of work to get together, but so worth it.

1 comment:

Denise said...

What a gift to have her and the kiddos!!
Looks like a great time was had by all. :)