This is going to be a rare post without pictures. And it is going to be a lot of random thoughts and happenings from recent days that I don't want to forget.
- We went to the park with friends tonight. The weather was gorgeous and is just begging us to dream of fall. The low point was when Silas fell hard from one of the climbing apparatuses. He didn't have on good shoes for climbing, which was a parenting fault. We are grateful the Lord was gracious and he only came away with a few scratches.
- Simeon is near running in the house these days. He is such a funny kid; totally in his own world most of the time, happy to keep himself occupied getting into everything and trying to climb anything he can.
- Lieren (what a sweetheart) is saying all kinds of things now: hi, night-night, uh-oh, ball, baby, pat-pat, up, help, Elmo, more, all done, Daddy, wa-wa (water), and a different sounding wa-wa for walk. She is so proud to be saying Daddy. She will randomly point to Shane and say it or call it out to get his attention.
- Lieren is taking about 6 steps at a time at the most and trying so hard to do more. She wants to walk terribly but just doesn't quite trust herself.
- We kept ourselves busy while Shane was gone. I journaled every day so I could remember the adventures from our first lengthy time home without Daddy. We played at the park, did water play at home, visited the animals at PetsMart, had dinner with friends, went to church all by ourselves, and I took Silas to Monkey Joes while Grandma and Grandpa kept Sim and Lieren. I was definitely tired when it was over and was more than a little overjoyed when we saw those vans pull into our church office parking lot!
- One of my favorite memories from our long weekend was after dinner the first night, while I cleaned up the kitchen and the babies played in kitchen cabinets (feel free to use your imagination to get the real feel of that one), Silas requested we sing songs from a video we have by Steve Green called "Hide 'Em in Your Heart". The DVD must be circa 1983 because the clothes are a riot, but the Truth is exceptional and all three of our children love it. So we sang till we could sing no more. The picture in my mind of Silas sitting at the counter, his little voice singing about encouraging one another, the fruit of the Spirit, the mansions in our Father's house, a happy heart being good medicine, and loving Him because He first loved us, is beyond precious. Kinda makes me want to get online and order the whole Psalty series or something.
- Yesterday or the day before I had Sim and Lieren in their cribs for naptime while I shut their blinds and closed the curtains. When I turned back to them, they were reaching over to each other, grabbing hands and giggling. One of the best twin moments in this house ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment