We have been enjoying the sweet gift of sleep in our home lately. If you had told me just 4 months ago that all our children would sleep until 8 in the morning most days (and till 9 last Saturday), I would never have believed it. But I am most grateful. After the first 12 months of having 3 children, I will never take sleep for granted again.
Shane's birthday was yesterday. But we celebrated by going out to lunch on Monday and staying out for the afternoon. We were exhausted when we got home but tiredly laughed as we drove up that all the children would just be waking from naps, rested and ready to play. It was a gorgeous day, though, so when friends asked if we wanted to meet for an evening ice cream, we didn't hesitate.
It was fun to pull out some fall things to wear that day...
Silas, Sim, and Lieren all packed up after a quick dinner, heading out for ice cream...
These two were more than excited for a treat...
I love these pictures of Simeon. Partly because I can never capture that smile of his and partly because it reminded me so much of the day Silas wore those shoes for the first time...a rite of passage from baby to toddler...
Before I sign off, Lieren wanted to tell you what she sees outside her window most mornings in the neighbor's backyard...
1 comment:
We had a little taste of fall for a couple of days last week...and oh, it was pure bliss!!! ...And I'm right there with you on the sentiment that goes with little brother wearing big brother's shoes/clothes. It's so sweet to pull those beloved memories out and put them on another. I pray y'all are doing well...maybe we'll get to see eachother's babies one of these days:)
Post a Comment