I have to confess I cried this morning when we woke to find that Simeon had pink eye. It meant we had to stay home from Bible study. I was so ready to learn from the lesson and be with the ladies in my small group...we only have one more week left! Our Wednesday mornings have been such a source of true fellowship for me. I hated to miss.
But after my bit of cry, the children and I ended up having a very sweet morning. Even so sweet that I was glad I didn't miss the time with them. At one point Silas suggested we play ring around the rosie. So we pulled Sim and Lieren in and they played with us. Lieren really loved it and would jump right up each time to get ready to hold hands again. She has quite a good understanding of collective play. Sim tolerated it a few times then went on to something else. He is our independent one.
Because I hadn't planned on getting anything done this morning, I didn't try to. I played with the children more than I have in weeks. We read books endlessly. And we moved a whole bunch of toys around. I am always amazed at how our children re-discover toys just because they are in a different location!
Anyway, a few updates...Simeon is talking quite a bit lately, which makes me so proud. He does not have as many words as Lieren, but he is beginning to put 2 words together. The other day he said "ah-dah wa-wa" (all done water) and this morning when I spilled a whole cup of milk he said, "uh-oh wa-wa".
Lieren has a baby doll that she is completely attached to. She sleeps with it and seems to know where it is at all times. When she is tired she wants it and when she gets hurt she reaches for it. She calls it "Baby". Fascinating to see how different a girl is than the boys.
Sim and Lieren gobbled down their dinner tonight, veggies and all, when I let them use a little baby fork. This was after they had both refused it at the beginning of the meal. I must remember to never underestimate the power of novelty. They are learning and doing quite well eating small quantities of yoghurt or applesauce with a spoon.
And here's the sole picture I took today. Lieren loves to push either of her brothers on the cars...
No comments:
Post a Comment