Friday, December 30, 2011

Where She Gets It


Our Lieren-girl is the little woman among us.  I am grateful that she has such a wonderful group of women in our families, among our friends, and in our church to look up to, admire, learn from, and love.

At 18 months, Lieren is as girly as can be.  Today she wore around a pink beaded necklace, tucked babies into the Moses basket she just received from Grandma, and dressed up in the frilliest cowgirl costume you've ever seen.  Silas said she was a princess.

Our girl may be the smallest of our three, but she can hold her own with the boys.  She is just about running and loves to play chase with Silas.

Lieren is saying well over 75 words now.  But the cutest thing is when she answers, "Yeah" to just about any question.  The last few days, though, I have been noticing that she is getting much better at understanding what is actually being said to her and she has appropriately answered "no" several times.  The days are coming when I'll miss the yeah.

At the moment, Lieren is the best sleeper of our bunch.  She is ready for bed by 8, sleeps until about 8:30, wakes happily talking in bed, then naps for a good 3 hours.  I love going in to get her in the morning.  She asks for a "haci" (paci) which has inevitably fallen to the floor, pulls at her "banket" (wearable blanket) to ask me to take it off, grabs "baby", then points at "haff" (giraffe) who is sitting atop the bookshelf.  I love hearing her talk through each item, a concerned look on her face until each is addressed.  And if giraffe is downstairs, I reassure her we will see it when we head down for breakfast.  The only thing better than getting her up myself is when I take Simeon with me.  Those days he waits patiently at the door until I open it, then runs to her bed calling "Sissy".  She jumps up and with delight responds, "Simmy!"

Lieren does "light up Dad's life" (if you can see on her shirt).  She rarely cries when I leave, but has been known to cry when Daddy has to go.

Sweet girl also loves to sing.  Among her favorites (that I can figure out) are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, the ABCs, Jesus Loves Me, If You're Happy and You Know It, and Elmo's World.

It is such a great responsibility, but such fun to have a little lady in the family to join us!

No comments: