I wish every Sunday could be like this Sunday was. As we were both about passed out on the couch at the end of the day, I told Shane that this Sunday was the best Sunday we have had in weeks. Sundays are busy days for us and because Shane has several different responsibilities, I do much of the child getting ready and feeding and transporting to multiple places myself. By about 9:30 or 10 on Sunday night, Shane and I are both ready for a break. But I should have known this was going to be a good Sunday when we were all ready for church early and then we sang Simeon's song during worship!
This Sunday, on top of our usual stuff, we had a couple "events". First of all, Simeon fell into our bottom stair about 30 minutes before we left for church (this is one thing I hope we don't ever repeat on a Sunday or any day, for that matter). It immediately started to swell and bruise. The picture really doesn't do it justice. And even today he looks like he has a bit of a black eye. But he was a trooper and endured everyone making much of him at church...
My friend Megan has been on me about never putting Lieren's hair in pigtails yet. So in Megan's honor (Megan and her husband keep our children most Sunday nights so I can go to our high school worship), I put Lieren's hair up on Sunday afternoon. It was so cute and I couldn't believe how long it was!
Today I took the children on an outing to Target. We hadn't all been in forever and they did wonderfully. I was truly amazed at their behavior, and thankful. Letting Simeon walk kept him happy; that boy loves to move. And Silas seemed honestly aware of obeying and choosing a happy heart when I asked him to come along away from the toys. He was a delight. Lieren sat in the cart talking to me the entire time and seemed to care less about touching anything. Just a snack and some conversation were good enough for her.
Oh, I almost forgot. I was going to put these videos up from Sunday. This first one is of Lieren singing the alphabet. Silas tries to help her some, too. And at the end she decides she is done and wants her paci.
And then this is a glimpse of kind-of normal life for us. And you can hear Lieren saying her name...
No comments:
Post a Comment