Thursday, February 23, 2012

Be Still, My Heart

Early this morning I signed our firstborn up to start preschool in the fall.


At this point I cannot even fathom having him away from us, even just two mornings a week.  I do think he will really enjoy it and grow from it and will again help our family carve our own path into a place we have never been before.  It will be a good jumping off point for all of us into the big decisions about education.  But for now, I have some time to process it all before he becomes an official student in 4 year-old preschool at a sweet little religious school close to home.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and took Silas with me.  He got to meet one of my favorite nurses and one of the midwives, who I was also meeting for the first time.  Silas was excited and interested in the whole thing.  I knew it would be a good time to take him because it was a quick routine visit where all we did was chat and listen to the baby's heartbeat.  Silas said later that the "doctor put glue on that thing so we could hear the baby."  Right after we listened to the baby he said in wonder, "That was the baby's noise."  It was so sweet.  He has been talking about his littlest brother a lot, saying he is still growing, and telling us how he will share his toys with the baby.  He also likes to point out that the baby does not yet know how to talk or know his letters, but that "my babies (Simeon and Lieren) are learning to talk and are learning their letters.  They also can walk now."  He will often give my tummy a pat and say, "He's so little.  He's so cute in there!"  It is fun to see this journey through his eyes.


On a different note, we often go to a recreation center/indoor soccer field in our town and play.  They open it up to little ones a few weekday mornings during the winter.  It is a great place to run off some energy and spend time with friends.  I finally took my camera a few weeks ago so we could remember it.



No comments: