Friday, April 06, 2012

Baby Blaise



Dear Baby Blaise,

You and I have spent over 38 weeks together now.  I told your big brother Silas that it might just be about 10 more sleeps until you arrive.  He is so excited to meet you.  We are so excited to meet you.

I will tell you honestly that this was not the easiest week.  Your brothers and sister have been sick for a week, one after the other and overlapping and probably passing something back and forth.  I told your Daddy yesterday that we've only done one fun thing in about 7 days.  That means that everyone not only feels cruddy but that we are getting bored as well.  This morning some friends came over and I couldn't have been more relieved for us to have something to do!

On top of the sickness, we had a big surprise with you on Monday.  I went in for what I thought would be a routine ultrasound and we found out you were breech.  After not having a c-section with Simeon and Lieren, I was completely disappointed to find that I might be having one with you.  But the midwife I met with after the ultrasound told me we could try to get you to turn.  So on Tuesday we went in to the hospital to give it a try.  It was a pretty amazing experience.  It was painless.  And took mere seconds.  We were in the operating room just in case something went wrong and of course there was a crowd; reminded me of when Sim and Lieren were born.  When the doctor announced you had turned so easily, the crowd cheered.  God is so good to answer our prayers.  So now you are in a great position and we're just waiting for you to come.  I have a bag packed.  Any day, sweet boy.  Any day.

Last night your Daddy was telling me one more thing about the man whose name prompted yours...Blaise Pascal.  He was one of the first to voice the idea of The Wager.  His proposal was that no one can know 100% for sure that there is a God and that those who choose to believe in the God of the Bible, His Word, and His promises risk nothing.  But, those who choose not to believe risk everything.  Because eternal life hinges on what we do with Jesus.  My prayer is that the Lord will grow you into someone who is convinced that God is everything He says He is and that you are willing to risk everything in this life for what you know about Jesus.

As I sit here late tonight, there is a crowd of students downstairs.  Silas has just finally fallen asleep.  Simeon and Lieren went to bed before the party even started.  And you are wide awake, kicking to your little heart's content.  As for me, I am weary from this week.  Weary knowing it might be two weeks or more until your arrival.  Weary with my own limitations.  Weary with reminders that life is not as it was created to be.  But preaching to myself even now that many of the things that weary me are the signs of God at work in His timing, a full house, ministries, and preparations for your little life...good things.  We already love you, baby Blaise.  And like I said earlier, we can't wait to meet you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you sweet friend as you await the arrival of your sweet bundle. I just love reading your blog, your transparency speaks deeply to me. Thank you for your courage to share your fears, trials, and struggles; always having a postitive outlook that thru God all things work together for our good.
Love you!