Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fun and Full Birthday Weekend

Our Simeon and Lieren turned two this weekend.  It is amazing to me that two years ago we were in a hospital in Louisville just meeting them for the first time.  They were so little.  Now they are running all through the house, talking in sentences, and really playing together.  There are more cute, sweet twin moments every day than I can count.  There are lots of two-year-old moments too, to be honest.  But that comes with the territory.  

We started the celebration on Friday morning, just our family.  We gave Sim and Lieren a train table that we found on Craigslist.  It was a fairly incredible deal and the boys have already played at it for hours.  Lieren, on the other hand, played for about ten minutes then went to get her babies.  She is such a girl!  Shane and I agreed that while their big gift on Friday wasn't her favorite, she would be redeemed with the kitchen they got from Grandma and Grandpa on Saturday.


I realized mid-morning on Friday that we weren't going to make it to the library for our weekly visit.  Blaise was running later in his routine (because he started sleeping through the night!) and the boys didn't want to leave the trains quite yet.  So I sent a message to my friend Natalie and asked if they wanted to go to McDonalds for lunch and a bit of play.  She had 3 of her nieces and nephews with her but asked her mom to join us and we made a party of it.  This was the best shot I got of the crew (Blaise was sleeping in his carseat beside Natalie)...


Friday night our church rented out our town pool so we spent the evening swimming with friends.  Silas went down the big slides and even jumped off the diving board.  He climbed up onto the high dive and was at the end to jump to a good friend of ours who is a life guard, but just couldn't make himself do it.  Another day, I suppose.  I was so proud of him for wanting to try.

Then on Saturday we had a little party here at home with some family...











Shane, Lee and Wes spent a majority of the day putting together a swingset.  Thanks to Papa and Nana, and Great Papa and Great Nana for this fun gift for all three!









We had such a fun, full day celebrating Simeon and Lieren.  That evening Judy and Lee offered to stay with the big three so Shane and I could go out for dinner for our anniversary.  If you'll remember, we were in the hospital for our 10th anniversary when the babes were born.  We had a nice, relaxing dinner out with Blaise in tow.  Then went home and some students came over to hang out.  Like I said, fun and full!

1 comment:

Missy June said...

Happy Birthday to Lieren & Sim! Many more two-year-old moments coming soon, I'm sure. I know you will LOVE the swingset! How cute that Lieren is such a girlie girl! Faith loved the trains and cars right along wiht our boys.

Enjoy this week!