We had a few students come over tonight (do you notice a theme?). It is summer, after all. They ended up coming about an hour after I thought they would be here so I went ahead and put the children to bed before they came, much to the disappointment of our 3 older ones. Simeon already had a line-up of toys he wanted to show Mac, one of his favorite Ignite kids. So I think it made Simeon's night when Shane and Mac walked in to their room, turned on the light and let Sim talk Mac's ear off about all his favorite things. It was super cute.
And it must have been so exciting that Sim couldn't sleep because almost 2 hours later, I was upstairs talking to one of our girls when Simeon walked out of their bedroom singing, the light was on, and he had a pile of books and toys in his bed. Lieren was fast asleep.
Here are recent videos of our 3 boys, starting with Simeon, who has become one with the Strider bike. He loves that "orange bike" as he calls it...
Blaise acts so big to me sometimes. He is really only saying a couple words; all done and water for sure with a few others that are inconsistent. All our other kids were saying a lot more by this age. But he grasps an incredible amount and he watches his siblings with a keen understanding. He imitates them and can do things that surprise me all the time. He just wants to be like the big kids! Hence, here he is, working the stomp rocket like it was made for babies...
I mentioned Silas had swim lessons last week. When we arrived on day 3, his teacher announced to us that it would be the day he learned to swim. I certainly wasn't sure myself, but she proved me wrong! The whole family went back for his final lesson, the 4th one, which was on the 4th of July. So proud of how much he accomplished! And of course, now Simeon is begging to take swim lessons and wants to quit wearing his Puddle Jumper. It's amazing the trails the first child blazes for the rest...
No comments:
Post a Comment