Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I Think We Just Skipped Fall

These are the three random pics I snapped with my phone today before the battery died.  When we got home from picking Silas up from school, the three big kids wanted to play in the snow.  There wasn't much left on the ground, and it was cold out there so we didn't stay long...

Notice Simeon's bike in the background? Yes, he grabbed it first thing and rode it right out into the snow...

I have no idea what she is doing in this picture.  Probably trying to tell me something...

This little man had fallen asleep in the van on the way home so he stayed in the warm garage while we froze outside for a few minutes...

In other news, I sent this picture to Shane on Saturday night while he was on his way home from the conference.  The text said, "What's happening now."

Yep, we put up the Christmas tree on Saturday.  November 9.  I'm sure that's a record for me.

My parents and sister are coming for Thanksgiving and we are going to do Christmas with them so I want the house to be decorated.  Our little town put up decorations on Main Street on November 1st and Silas has been begging to put ours up since he saw them.  I really didn't know if I was up to it, with Shane being gone and all, but since we were just home, I decided to go with it.

I couldn't believe how easy it was to get the tree up.  (And if you're wondering, I do have all the lights working now.)  Which made me wonder why it has seemed so hard in the past.  And as I was putting the last few branches in place, with three sleeping children upstairs and Silas reading on the couch next to me, I realized...

This is the first time in 6 years that I am putting up Christmas decorations and am not either pregnant or nursing a baby/babies.

6 years ago - pregnant with Silas
5 years ago - 4 month old Silas
4 years ago - pregnant with Sim and Lieren
3 years ago - 5 month old Sim and Lieren
2 years ago - pregnant with Blaise
1 year ago - 7 month old Blaise

No wonder I was dreading it.  I had completely forgotten what it was like for a normal person to put up the tree!

No comments: