Sunday, December 08, 2013

It Covers

We got some snow today. So pretty, the white covering the ground.

I was upstairs with our three big kids late this afternoon, snuggled under a thick blanket in bed when I thought, I just unpacked all our snow stuff.  We really should go out and play.

When I announced we were getting out of bed and going to play in the snow, it wasn't met with joyous shouts of excitement right off.  We had already had day...church then Party with the Pastors (it was the make-up one for tornado day), and no one except Blaise was napping.  The kids stated they would rather watch Henry Hugglemonster instead.  (Really?)

But the minute we pulled ourselves out of bed, they were ready to go.  We had a quick snack and bundled up then out we went...


Eating snow was a highlight...





Snowball fight!


Snow angels...




And no event would be complete without some kind of wrestling between these two...


Blaisey watched through the window with Nana...


Tonight the snow suits are hanging in the bathroom; boots drying in the laundry room.  What fun moments; what sweet memories we'll always have from today.

But trust me, life with two 3-year olds and a 19-month-old and a 5 year old is just as you might expect it to be.

As we walked back to the house, me holding Lieren's hand and Shane with Sim and Silas on either side of him, I thought, Thank You, Lord, that love covers a multitude of sins...both theirs, and mine.

No comments: