So the other night we had a babysitter here for bedtime and she put Blaise to sleep without his paci. You've heard me talk about the paci. I really was not looking forward to taking it away. I mean, it's only been recently that Blaise has it only at nap and bedtime. And even then, he would take it always if I let him. But she put him down without even thinking about it.
I noticed when I went up to his room after Miranda left that he didn't have it. And there it was in the cabinet where I keep it between sleeps.
And the wonder of it is, he slept. And he woke happy.
So today at naptime, I just put him down without it. He didn't beg for it. He did fuss a bit and when I went back in, he wanted his wearable blanket on. I never put it on at nap but maybe it was a bit of security for him. But then he slept a wonderfully long nap.
And tonight as I was putting the wearable blanket on for bed he said to me, "My papi?" (which is what he calls it). I just said, "I don't know, Blaise..." and went on with the bedtime routine. He didn't say any more and went right to sleep. So we'll see. The jury is still out on whether this is permanent.
But it just reminds me...these milestones, they are so good. So sweet. And hard too.
But instead of being sad about babies getting bigger, I will instead think about how cute these two were tonight...
We went to eat dinner at the home of some friends and now our college group is here. Sim and Blaise wore these shirts I just got for them and were about as cute as anything I've ever seen. I didn't choose to leave Silas out. He was just too busy building a new Lego he got today and was already dressed and didn't want to take a minute to change to his Batman shirt. It was no big deal. Just kind of funny how focused he was wanting to finish before we left.
No comments:
Post a Comment