I have been soaking in Jeremiah 31 these days. Thankful for God's Word that has the power to truly change hearts.
In a season where I am typically unsettled in the decorating in our home, feel like I am not doing enough to focus on Advent, concerned I am losing the battle with our children to emphasize Christ rather than things, and have unrealistic expectations for my own crafting skills, I am grateful that this year is different.
I mean, we will still count down with Advent calendars (one is a Nativity and the other Lego...ha!), we will put ornaments daily on our Jesse tree, we will open gift books each night that are a mix of fun and Christ-centered. We will do Christmas crafts. And the house is decorated. In some ways, this year is no different.
But this year, I have a freedom that I haven't had in years past. I look around our house and I love the way it looks. I wouldn't change a thing. And it's not because of anything I've done.
It's all about Him.
"My people will be satisfied with My goodness, declares the Lord."
Jeremiah 31:14






No comments:
Post a Comment