Silas, Simeon, and Lieren were all together in Geo Draw Camp while Blaise had tons of fun in Play Camp.
Day 1...
Day 2...
Simeon had a bit of an upset tummy this day so he came with me for the morning. He didn't seem to mind but after lunch was ready to join his class again.
The Geo Draw group presented a song they learned this week about the continents and oceans. It correlates with what we will learn on Week 1 of CC this year (our focus is world geography and Europe). They did excellent! Silas is in the red shorts and Lieren is in a pink shirt and her skirt has a thick pink stripe across the bottom...
This is the first year I have gotten to go to Practicum. I was so thankful I was able to be there. I spend most of my time with other moms who are like me and have children in the Foundations years. We are just starting out. But this week I was surrounded by moms who have children in the upper levels. Hearing their stories, watching their children, and seeing them reap the harvest of years sown into the education of their children spoke volumes to me. In every family's circumstance, God has been faithful. Never have I been more thankful that the Lord led us to CC two years ago. We are definitely an accidental classically educating family. But never have I felt more grateful or more excited or more committed.
So here is my pile of reading and resources as we get close to starting school again. It may be hard to see, but Teaching from Rest and Trusting God are tucked in the midst of it all. I am not sure that two titles could better sum up my hopes and prayers for my approach to this new year.







No comments:
Post a Comment