Tuesday afternoons have become a gift to me. A gift to my thoughts. A gift to my soul.
We spend a joyful and hectic and busy Tuesday morning getting out the door and to our CC community. I tutor Simeon and Lieren's class, we lunch with friends, we pack it all up and then my parents take the kids.
For the whole afternoon I am gifted quiet alone time which speaks to the introvert in me like no other.
I will be teaching our ladies' Bible study next week at church so my afternoons have mainly been filled with books and reading and prayer and study and quiet thought.
Today I also got my hair cut. So there's that.
But never could I be more thankful for these hours. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for giving me time to sit in Grandpa's chair and do what he spent his life doing: studying to know God and preparing to teach about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment