I was at a meeting for Bible study leaders at church the other night. We met later in the evening and stayed later into the night that I had anticipated. We talked and talked. Some more than others; you know how that goes. And as the time went on, we realized how we all represented completely different stages of life. A mom with children in college, a mom with children in high school, an adoptive mom with one child, one lady with no children, and me with 4. Some work outside the home, others don't.
None of the other ladies were in a hurry to get home. Their lives are such that a late evening out could be the norm for them.
I, on the other hand, don't live in that world yet. I have littles at home who make a late night a bit of a challenge. One in particular still isn't quite sleeping through the night. You would think that at almost 5, we would have conquered this hill.
Sometimes I look forward longingly to the days when the demands at home aren't quite so high. But for now, I'll take this.
Each and every morning, I'll take this.
No comments:
Post a Comment