Monday, November 02, 2009

Two Toddlers = Lots to Remember

Our friend Everett came to spend the day with us...





All the things I want to remember from today...

. Silas looking at Everett and saying, "What's that?". Then trying to say Everett's name. It came out "Ebett".

. Everett asking for Itsy Bitsy Spider. So glad his mom told me what that sign meant!

. Silas trying to touch Everett's ears and nose.

. Both boys laughing together when they saw the Baby Einstein caterpillar.

. At lunch: one bite of yogurt for Silas...switch cup and spoon...one bite of yogurt for Everett...switch again...

. The most glorious nap of all time: both boys slept from noon till 3:30. They fell asleep and woke within minutes of each other.

. Seeing glimmers of the boys sharing toys.

. Walking through the neighborhood with a boy in each hand. They never once tried to let go.

. Everett staring at Silas as my outdoorsy boy made a pile of wood chips then proceeded to knock it all down the front of himself. Everett looked at me like, "You really let him do that?"

. Silas trying to get in my lap as I held Everett on the deck in the backyard.

. Shane saving the day and helping get everyone set for dinner when the I'm hungry and it's really almost 7:00 because of the time change why aren't you feeding me meltdowns started.

. Everett being so happy to see his mommy when she got to our house. Then us girls having a nice quiet dinner while the boys played and Shane started reading for class.

. Silas being completely worn out from the day. I'm hoping it helps him push through till later in the morning so we can get back into our normal routine post-time change.

2 comments:

angie said...

I so missed catching up with you on your blog while I was down last week. I love the big boy haircut and I didn't see noticeable tears for mom. A lemur, how unique just like Silas. You two are wonderful parents, Silas is very blessed to have you as mommy and daddy.

Michelle said...

Okay- I love this! Thanks so much for the documentation of the day and even more so- thank you for blessing us with keeping him!