Monday, January 04, 2010

A Couple of Things

At the start of my last post I mentioned that there were "a couple of things" that had kept me from blogging. Well, there have been a couple of things. Or, to be more specific, a couple of little persons! They have kept me completely focused on them for the last 7 weeks. Many of our family and friends already know, but if you haven't heard...we're going to be having twins this summer!

I had another doctor appointment today and saw both little ones bouncing around, hearts beating, putting hands to their faces, and kicking their legs. It was so sweet. They are already such a part of my heart and life. We adore the thought of them and cannot wait to find out if they are boys, girls, or one of each. I am at 13 weeks and am as happy as can be to be saying goodbye to the first trimester. Let the glorious second trimester begin!

I did not get pictures today, but here are a couple from our ultrasound at about 10 weeks. This is "Baby A". Our ultrasound tech typed in "aa" on the picture so everyone would remember which was which. The head is on the left, an arm and leg are sticking up along the top, and another hand is laying by the face along the bottom of the picture...


.
Now meet "Baby B". This is the top of baby's head with the hands out in front. The tech has "b hands" written on the picture. It was hard to get good pictures of them because they are quite close together and Baby B was really trying to hide behind Baby A...

.
Since we have been home from our Christmas travels, we have been reminded in a multitude of ways that life is precious, fleeting, and very much out of our control. I am honored that the Lord would entrust these lives to our family. My prayer is that our Lord Jesus would have the supremacy He deserves as He grows our family. "For by Him all things were created...all things were created by Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together...so that in everything He might have the supremacy..." (Colossians 1:16-18)

I can't wait to share more about our babies, Shane's graduation, our Christmas festivities, and our travels. We enjoyed our time away so very much. And now that I am starting to feel better, I plan to get back in the normal swing of life. But in the meantime, know that we're still here...



.
all SEVEN of us...Shane, Brittany, Silas, 2 babies, Luther and Augustine.
.
.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

All SEVEN of you!?!?! My heart just jumped in my throat when I read that. Amazing...
I've been thinking about you constantly since we found out about the babies... you're in my prayers and thoughts so much. Wish I could give you three hugs... one for each of the babies and a big, huge one for you!

Amber said...

WOW! THIS IS SO EXCITING! I am just so happy for yall! AMEN friend!

-amberburger

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sooo excited to see the pictures! You're such a blessing to me, Brit, and I'm so excited for the things the Lord is doing in you and Shane's life. Thank you for always giving God the glory. Love you and hope to see you at some point in 2010 ;)

Rebekah Williams said...

This is so beautiful, Brittany. I loved reading about your babies from your perspective.

It's going to be an exhausting, but absolutely WONDERFUL 2010 for you, isn't it?!

Ms. Shaeffer's Superstars said...

Oh my, Brittany!!!! I check your blog often and had really missed your updates. I had even hoped that your absence was due to some morning sickness!!! I am SO THRILLED for you guys. I think back to our talks in which you were so encouraging to me, how amazing to think that now you have 3 children. God is so BOUNTIFUL!!!! Praise the Lord!

Preston,Courtney, Callie, Addison and Finn said...

How exciting!!! What a great surprise. I can't wait to continue following your journey with you. Congrats we love you all!!

The Caldwells said...

How absolutely awesome, Brittany!!!! Congrats to you all. I'll be praying for good health for you & Babies. I'm looking forward to keeping up with your blog. Yay!

In Austria,
Krista

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brittany and Shane and Silas too! I have missed your blog updates, but had no idea you had such a wonderful reason to not be blogging! Blessings to you all. I'll be praying for a healthy pregnancy for you.

Ashley said...

WOW! How exciting! That is awesome! I will definitely be praying for a healthy pregnancy for you! That is SO exciting!

Laurin said...

Brittany~found your blog thru one of my old Memphis friends Kim Shaeffer = ). So exciting you are expecting. Okay. So I admit that last time we worked in the nursery together, I thought maybe you were pregnant....= ). Silas will make an excellent big brother. He can give some tips to Aubrey...not for anytime soon just for the future perhaps.

~Laurin Boeving
www.thejoyofgrace.com

Mack said...

Hey guys - this is Mandy (MacKay) - - friend of Shane's from high school and check in on you guys through Susan's blog - just read and so rejoicing with you guys at these new little lives - we will be praying for you guys as you are in this amazing journey!

So relate w/ Shane finishing school as well - my husband (Sean) just finished grad school a year ago and how wonderful that has been for all of us!!!

Take care!!!

The Bowman Family said...

Great News- What an awesome blessing- You and Shane are great parents so I am glad to hear you are having more kids!!!!

Jessica said...

Wow!!!! Congratulations you all! How very, very exciting. Oh.. and Silas is getting so big! Love his hair!!

I know a photographer who NEEDS to take some photos of those sweet babies once they are here!! :)