It is 3:20 in the morning. One of the strange things about this pregnancy is that while I am tired most of the time, I have a hard time sleeping through the night. I already get very uncomfortable and if I wake around this time, I usually am so thirsty that I can't go back to sleep. And something about drinking a lot wakes a person up. So here I am.
The thirsty thing is a new phenomenon for me. I've always had to force myself to drink what I considered even a reasonable amount. Now I am so thirsty in the mornings that I easily drink 30 oz of water before 9 am!
I went back to the doctor today for a regular appointment. I waited over an hour to see her. Thankfully I had my little purse Bible with me so I got to have some time with the Lord. I read in Deuteronomy about how He sets life and death before us. We get to choose what path we will take. I was reminded that there is abundant joy and blessing in choosing obedience, which is life. I love that right in the middle of putting life and death, blessings and cursings out to us, He promises that obedience is not out of our grasp. We can obey. He has given us everything we need for life and godliness. What a Savior...He gives us all we need.
Our little babies are doing well. We may even know what we're having! I'll wait to fill you in when we know for sure after our big anatomy ultrasound, which is just over a week away.
Well, it is now 3:43, I've drank (drunk? - can't ever remember) a whole glass of water and need more. So I'm off. We're supposed to get snow on Saturday so if we're just hanging out at home, I want to put up some Christmas pics. So late, I know, but it's too fun not to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment