While we were at the mall I saw a lady with a stroller that had two tiny babies in carseats. I knew it had to be twins so I stopped to chat with her. It was a fun moment. She gave me good stroller advice so I left feeling like I had not only connected with someone, but had learned something too.
We had dinner with some dear friends of ours tonight. They are adopting a baby girl from Ethiopia who is a doll. Please pray for their paperwork to be finalized. Once their documents are in order, they will plan their travel to go meet her and bring her home. Silas and I pray for that sweet baby every day and we can't wait to meet her.
Friday evening we had our annual middle school girls' retreat. The girls all spent the night in homes but we met up at the church earlier in the evening for a daddy-daughter night focused on real beauty. It was sweet to see the girls there with their fathers. Made me miss mine!
Last year we did a fashion show for the girls. Part of it was a spoof and Shane dressed up in duct tape. We made Silas an outfit, too, which was so funny. I realized that we never shared a picture so here you go...
.And here's our little man this year right before we left on Friday afternoon. Even after his haircut, he still has a wild and unmanageable wavy hair that I absolutely LOVE...
And just because I don't want to forget, I have to share this little tidbit. Silas came home on Wednesday morning with his first art project from church. Because I keep him with me during the Sunday School hour on Sunday mornings, he doesn't participate in the craft times. So now that I'm getting to go back to Mom 2 Mom on Wednesdays, he is getting his first real structured class-type experience. The teachers said he did great, and I think his coloring skills really show promise... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment