Monday, February 08, 2010

Pink and Blue

What we were told 2 times before was confirmed today...we're having a boy and a girl!

This is a picture of our babies, looking pretty much at the tops of their heads. They have their heads together right now, which I think is so cute. They both showed us how they could drink, wave, and reach for their toes. Every time I see them, the reality sets in more and more. I cannot wait to hold them!

.
I had the sweetest ultrasound tech today. She talked me through the entire ultrasound, which took almost an hour! She described each thing she was looking at and told me that every little bit of our babies appeared to be measuring and functioning normally. She had no hesitation when she checked the gender so we'll be having a mix of pink and blue this summer!

Baby A is our girl. We're happy for you to meet her...
.
And our boy is Baby B. If you look closely, you can see that he is waving at you. His hand is above his face and you can make out the fingers.
.
Our day turned out to not go at all as planned. Shane was supposed to go to morning meetings at church then we were going to head over to a friend's house around noon to drop Silas off before heading together to the doctor's office. But poor baby Silas woke up at 3 in the morning with a stomach virus. I heard him crying so went to his room where I found him with a mess all over his crib and himself. He just kept saying, "wipe!"
.
We were up the rest of the night and by early morning knew he wasn't going anywhere today. I talked to the doctor about how to keep him hydrated and by 11 the plan started working. He fell asleep a little before noon as Shane got home to take over.
.
We are extremely thankful that Shane got to go with me on our unexpected visit to the doctor because that was when we were first told it was a boy and girl. So we were together for that big moment. We're also thankful that Silas napped today and is now sleeping. He did not have much of an appetite this evening but hopefully his tummy will rest and he will be back to his normal self tomorrow.
.
I did think as I was driving to the doctor's office that this was probably only the start of balancing life with three kids!

9 comments:

Amber said...

Awwww, Brittany, we are so happy and excited for you guys! And a boy and a girl was my second guess :)!!! How fun.... glad everything with the babies looks great and right on track! Praying for you guys and hope Silas is feeling better soon... those tummy bugs are NO fun!

lori said...

Yahoo!!! What exciting news! Glad that Silas is doing a little better, and SO glad Shane got to get the original news!

Love you guys!

Wonder Woman said...

I am so happy and excited for you!

Miss you!
Tracy

thearthurz said...

Yeah! That is so exciting for you guys! Glad everything is going well and that Silas is starting to feel better. Congrats!

Denise said...

Yay! How exciting! I'm sure you'll be great at balancing life with three kiddos :) Love ya!!

angie said...

Yippee! We are so excited for you! We will be praying Silas for a full recovery and for the virus to not spread to his parents. God's timing never ceases to amaze me, so glad Shane was with you.
Love you guys!

Kelly said...

SO excited for you guys ... how awesome to have one of each! Keep the pics and updates coming :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you all! I'm thankful you're feeling better and praying for Silas' full recovery quickly! Blessings to you all and GO PINK AND BLUE!!!

Susan said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you guys. How great to have one of each. Now you'll only have to buy clothes for one new baby. I think of you guys often and hope you are doing well. I am happy the babies are progressing well. Aren't all the sonograms fun! I always looked forward to seeing the babies every couple of weeks are so! Take care!