Silas has been a complete joy and delight this week. We've done all kinds of things, including a picnic with friends on Wednesday then church on Wednesday night. Silas had one of his best nights in the nursery on Wednesday. His teachers said that he really came out of his shell, interacted with them in play, and did all the actions to the songs they sang. I was so proud when we picked him up and heard the good report.
.
By yesterday we both needed a day just at home. So we played outdoors, got dirty, watched some Diego, napped, and just enjoyed being together. Silas is beginning to really have a soft heart toward our instruction and discipline, which makes hanging out with him even sweeter.
.
This evening we were ready to get out so since Shane was working (and it was rainy), we headed to the mall to walk, look at the fountains, and have some Chinese food (which I have been craving recently, but it didn't turn out to be that great!). Isn't my date cute? The evening would have only been better if Shane could have joined us...
On the way to the mall, Silas was having a snack of goldfish. He has started to say "sorry" for a lot of random things. I am not quite sure he gets it. He dropped a few goldfish along the way and I kept hearing his little voice in the back saying, "Sorry goldfish." I giggled more than once! Then he began saying "Hallelujah" over and over again. I don't know where he picked it up cause we don't exactly say that habitually at home (although we do voice our praise with other words!). So we sang "Hallelu-hallelu-hallelu-hallelujah, praise ye the Lord" more times than I care to count on the drive there and home. It was funny.
.
One other thing that has brought great delight this week is that Silas keeps asking for Daddy when he's not home. So tonight when we went out, I told Silas we would stop and say hi to Daddy for a minute before we went to eat. Silas then said repeatedly, "Daddy, I see him." Seriously. The boy is pure joy.
3 comments:
Just sitting here with Aubrey looking at sweet Silas....loved your statement: "...beginning to really have a soft heart toward our instruction and discipline..." Praise the Lord that He softens our little ones' hearts = )!!!!.
I loved reading this post because it reminded me of the days I shared with Everett before Hampton was born. It wasnt that long ago-but it feels so long ago! I sometimes miss those days since one on one time with Ev is so rare now. Cherish it! It is sooo sweet!
Silas looks so BIG! I'm glad you are enjoying time together!
Post a Comment