Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TEN Weeks to Go!

I turned 27 weeks yesterday. Because our goal is to make it to 37 weeks, I only have 10 weeks to go before we meet our new little ones. In some ways 10 weeks sounds like it will go by quickly, and in other ways it feels like forever. My doctor continues to call my pregnancy "textbook" and has no concerns about me or the babies. I am so thankful for how the Lord is sustaining and growing their little lives. At my last appointment both babies were about 2 pounds and looked much bigger to me during the ultrasound.

I've had a busy last few days. On Sunday we gave a sweet baby shower for my friend Charis. They will get to meet baby Feven within a week! As you can tell, while I am at 27 weeks, this picture from the shower confirms that my doctor is right: I'm measuring six weeks ahead of a typical pregnancy (which would mean I am measuring about 33 weeks now)...

.
I told Shane that he might need to get used to that dress. It is more comfortable than anything else I own so I might just spend the next 10 weeks in it!
.
On Sunday evening I had the joy of sharing with our high school girls at their Bible study. It was incredibly meaningful for me to teach from Deuteronomy 1 about how the Israelites made the people around them and their circumstances bigger than God. Going through the scripture for myself and studying for Sunday night has been good for me personally. I'm letting go of a lot of my expectations for the next few weeks and for when the babies arrive. It's been freeing. I am sure I will always be grateful that the Lord took the time to teach me all He's been showing me in this season.
.
Then the past 2 days I cleaned out the weeds in our front yard landscaping and put down new mulch. It looks fresh and clean and I can't wait to watch the plants thrive now that they've gotten some attention. It was refreshing for me to get outside some while Silas napped and he loved using the watering can for the first time this evening. I figure a few weeks from now I won't have energy for outdoor projects like that so I'm glad to have the energy to do them now.
.
Thanks for continuing to pray for us and our babies! The Lord has been faithful and we know He is hearing our prayers.

2 comments:

angie said...

Brittany, you look so good! Pregnancy certainly suits you well. So thankful you and the babies are doing well, we continue to pray for a healthy, safe delivery for all. Love and miss you guys!

the broomes said...

Wow-- I can't believe that you only have 10 weeks left! Didn't you just announce that y'all were pregnant?:) I love that dress- you look great, Brittany. I am always so encouraged by your blog; your godly perspective on being a wife and mommy is always encouraging.