Saturday, September 04, 2010

Sim


Simeon, it is interesting how one incident can change our perspective. Last night Lieren woke first for your middle of the night feeding, which is entirely rare. I gave her a paci and looked over at you. You had a hard day yesterday so I was surprised you had slept so long without waking. You were very still and I couldn't tell that you were breathing. In what was probably a response due more to my lack of sleep than anything, I yanked you out of bed and yelled at Daddy to wake up. You slowly awoke and began to stretch. I think I roused you out of the deepest sleep of your life. If you never sleep well again, I will always blame myself for scaring you out of good sleep.
.
It was earlier than I would have liked, but I was more than thankful to feed you and your sister at 3:30 in the morning. The past few weeks have been hard with you not feeling well and not sleeping well. But I would take that any day over the thought of you not being part of our lives.
.

You are our passionate little man. You have high highs and low lows; you are either VERY HUNGRY! or VERY HAPPY! or VERY UNCOMFORTABLE! or VERY CONTENT! It reminds me of your namesake in Luke 2, who waited his whole life to meet the Messiah. When he laid eyes on baby Jesus, he proclaimed that the purpose of his life had been fulfilled. He had no other reason to live than to seek the Lord. Our prayer is that your passion will always be seeking the Lord and His glory.
.
We headed to a GI specialist last week to see if there was anything else we could do to help your tummy feel better. Seems as though we are doing all we can. We think that you have a negative reaction to milk protein as well as having reflux. So you are on meds and I am not eating any dairy. If you ever question my love for you, just know that I am giving up chocolate, cheese, milk, and creams for you. That's sacrifice.
.
We love you, Sim. We love the passion you bring to life and cannot wait to see how the Lord shapes and molds it to use you for the Kingdom.


1 comment:

1.21roots said...

Brittany- HI! I've never commented before, but am a highschool friend of Shane's, Amanda Hanes (Huron now). I found your blog through his facebook page and read from time to time. It's fun to hear about you being an MK. Since highschool, I've lived overseas 3 times doing missions and we are hoping to move back overseas as a family in the next several years long term.

Anyways, my daughter, Joslin,who is 15 months, was born with a severe intolerance to the dairy and soy proteins. She was diagnosed with Allergic Colitis and she had bad reflux for about 5 months also. It sounds similar to what you might be going through with Simeon. Going through the GI stuff is HARD.I'm glad that Simeon has a GI specialist. So much changed for us when we finally got Joslin into one around 2 months old. It was still a long road to walk through her first year and now she's finally getting to an almost normal diet. Things are so much different now.

I'll remember to pray for you and if you ever want to talk through Simeon's problems with someone who has been there (not that I'm an expert, but, you know, I can at least relate!), feel free to friend me on Facebook and I'd be glad to chat! The Lord was so merciful to us during it all and I know He will be to you,too.