Silas, you amaze me these days. You have taken the recent incredible transitions in our life all in stride, remaining joyful, silly, content, and loving through it all. At barely 2 years old, you are showing a keen ability to adapt to difficult and changing circumstances. You are a thinker and a learner so you have pondered each change and communicated about as best you can at your age.
Just today you randomly said, "I miss Jonah. I miss Levi. I miss Feven." Sweet boy. I miss all our Louisville friends, too. We sure had great fun playing with them.
I know you can't appreciate this quite yet, but we are blessed to be here, too. Your daddy and I say all the time that we have never been around a group of students who worship like the students at Harvest. I love to stand at the back on Sunday nights and just watch them praise our God.
Sy, your very name makes me think of singing and worship. This song was precious to me in the season before we knew anything about you. And one of the reasons we chose your name is because the Lord taught us to praise Him in our midnights.
So it is deeply meaningful for me to see you develop a love for singing. Seriously. You love singing. You sing in your highchair when no one is paying attention to you. You sing in the car. You sing when you should be falling asleep. You sing when you wake up. From the alphabet to "Baa, baa black sheep", from "Jesus, Name above all names" to the hokey pokey, you sing by yourself and with anyone who will sing along. Last night and this morning you were singing Happy Birthday to the entire family while still alone in your crib. "How about 'dear Simeon'", you would say then sing the whole song followed by "How about 'dear Grandma Great'" and you would do it all again.
You are having fun in this new neighborhood, with its many new houses under construction. We make almost daily visits to the rock piles to climb and see the diggers. It will be a sad day when all trucks drive away.
As much as you love the outdoors, you also love books and letters and words. When Simeon and Lieren were born you were given a set of DVDs from a friend in Singapore. The videos were made for Singapore so are done in a British accent. You have picked it up and love to use it to be silly calling diapers, di-pahs and colors, cuh-lahs. I really can't believe that a year ago you were just learning to say a few words and now you are playing with words.
Sweet Silas, you are growing up far to quickly for your mommy's heart. I somehow want to capture each stage of your development and hold on to a piece of it. I want you to stay small and innocent. I would love for the worst thing in life to be the very upsetting decision by Daddy to go out the front door instead of the back door when the two of you take Luther out for a walk, and one of the best things to be when Daddy lets you "open doors" in the kitchen. I would love for you to always ask where I am whenever anyone else gets you out of bed, and for you to always want to "Get up with Mommy." I will be sad when you don't let me rock you anymore. And I might just cry the day you stop calling bumblebees, "kungle bees" and when you realize that your little Disney friend is not named "Pickey Mouse." I will never correct you on those two, Silas. You will learn soon enough.
We love you, Silas. Like I said earlier, you amaze us.
2 comments:
well. Now that I am in tears.....
That was so sweet. You are quite the writer. Imight have to steal some of your ideas....
Thank you Brittany for reminding me to enjoy the little things and to not forget because one day I really am gonna miss this. Thank you. You are an inspiration.
Post a Comment