Thursday, January 27, 2011

Warning: Picture Heavy

Shane got to come home a bit ago to grab a late lunch as the babies were going down for their naps. Silas went to nap early (He has a runny nose and I'm praying it doesn't turn into anything else but as the babies were finishing their bottles he said, "How bout you rock with mommy and take a nap?" Poor thing.). So as I began getting the babies in their sleep sacks I said to Shane, "I just changed the 8th poopy diaper of the day!" His reply? "Smells like it!"
.
I have been sick this week. Yuck. Glad to be feeling a bit better today. But since I still don't have the energy to do much, the house is a wreck. I am choosing to ignore it and spend my energy focusing on the fun moments this week.
,
I have been trying to set up a sit-down activity for Silas each day. We do coloring, stickers, play-doh, etc. But this week we also played in flour...



.
We used to do this when I worked in the Early Childhood Special Education classroom. Silas loved it, more at the beginning when it was just flour. He didn't much know what to do with it once we added the water and made it sticky. Today he said, "How bout you write letters in the flo-wer?"
.
And today he played in a tub of beans. I don't know what I was thinking letting him go at it alone while I was feeding the babes. I have a blanket I usually put down for things like this, but I'll blame it on the sickness that I forgot. Thankfully I had decided on beans, which were a very easy clean-up, and not rice.

.
The babies are wearing new shoes today that I picked out at this Etsy shop and grandma ordered. They are adorable and stay on their feet! Finally, after months of trying to get socks to stay on, we have success. Sim's are almost too small so I'm ordering more today. Lieren will get to wear his as a neutral option.
.
Lieren's are about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Have a mentioned that I love having a girl in the house?

.
Shane's mom has been the biggest help the past week. She came all last weekend while Shane was gone on a retreat and has come multiple days this week since I've been sick. We love you, Grandma! ps, Silas took this picture. Pretty good, huh?
.
And here's the real reason I sat down to do this post. I wanted my family to see our Lieren is sitting up on her own!



.
I'm off to rest on the couch till naptime is over...let's hope everyone sleeps well today!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey-
I had a couple of moments this morning before starting to see kids and decided to reconnect with your blog. Your babies are beautiful!! You sure have your hands full....in a good way. I only wish we were closer to get our kiddos together. They are all so close in age that I know they would have a blast together playing.
:) Becky