Our "babies" are going to be 1 two weeks from today. Honestly, I can't even begin to wrap my mind around that right now. Going to need to take some time to process, reflect, and come to terms with the fact that they really are not babies anymore.
Shane gets major props for last night. He fed all 3 children dinner and put them to bed without me! They had a great evening without any major hiccups (we decided that if the worst part of the night was getting Sim's jammies on, it was a pretty good night). But just know nothing around here happens without drama. As I was trying to get myself out, one child was crying because another had smashed her face into the ground and the third child was sticking his fingers into the crack I was trying to close in the front door crying, "I want to go to church with you!"
On a different note, last week we had a fun day getting all of this out for the first time...
It was Happy Birthday to Silas, Simeon, and Lieren from Nana and Papa!

I had been wanting toys for our outdoor summer fun, and we got them! The water table has been the best purchase so far. But for the money, the bubble bucket is about as good as it gets. It doesn't spill and Silas can blow some great bubbles with the wands all by himself.
I had been wanting toys for our outdoor summer fun, and we got them! The water table has been the best purchase so far. But for the money, the bubble bucket is about as good as it gets. It doesn't spill and Silas can blow some great bubbles with the wands all by himself.
I'm thinking about sending one to Hudson Hayes for his birthday. I think the "no-spill" feature would bring untold joy to his Mama's heart. Maybe she would even break down and let him blow bubbles inside on the hottest of Texas days!
As I was blowing bubbles for the littles (and Silas was chasing them), I caught this random picture...
And on another day we played again...


Yesterday we went back to the pool during morning Toddler Time. Y'all, it was crowded. We had fun, but Silas was much more apprehensive because of the craziness. I don't blame him. But we had his great high-school friends, Megan and Alexis with us. He loved that. And Elissa, who also came to help, became Lieren's best friend. It was so sweet. Natalie and her 3 came too so between us, we needed the hands!



I ended up going and buying Silas an actual swim shirt because last time he didn't want to take his shirt off. I can imagine this one was way more comfortable.


As I wrote this, the children were napping and our pool was sitting out in the sun warming up for post-nap enjoyment. Sim and Lieren decided an hour and a half was enough nap for them, so up everyone got and outside we went. Our little pool was a great success. The babies crawled around in it and Silas had a blast. Then we dried off with a walk around the block, towing the babies in the wagon. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy so we might just have to stay indoors for once. Considering the things I have been neglecting inside in exchange for the fresh air and sun, it's probably going to be good for us.
Yesterday we went back to the pool during morning Toddler Time. Y'all, it was crowded. We had fun, but Silas was much more apprehensive because of the craziness. I don't blame him. But we had his great high-school friends, Megan and Alexis with us. He loved that. And Elissa, who also came to help, became Lieren's best friend. It was so sweet. Natalie and her 3 came too so between us, we needed the hands!
1 comment:
Love the bubble pic around the babies - too perfect! Looks like loads of fun :)
Post a Comment