Even after baths, the children still smell a bit of sunscreen tonight. I lathered it on good for our trip to the pool today. I will call our sun protection a success...no burns in this family!
The trip as a whole I will deem a semi-success. A success because it accomplished what I hoped it would accomplish, and semi because it was not without drama.
I took two of our favorite (there are many!) high school students from church, Ashli and Ally, along with me. They were invaluable as there were moments when each child needed or wanted attention. I wanted to take a trip like this to the pool for all of us to get used to the place and the water without a lot of craziness (i.e., next week we are going with our playgroup...didn't want that to be the first time we went, just in case one of my children hated it!). That we accomplished.
Silas, however, needed a good deal of support to get into it. Poor guy. He really likes routine and the familiar over unpredictability. But he warmed up eventually and even said, "I love this water!" Sweet boy. Now he's already talking about going next week with his playgroup buddies.
I snapped a couple random photos, but that was it. Just too much else to pay attention to with three littles and so much water...
The boys have since moved their party inside to play ball on the XBox. It's 10:19, no one's left yet, and someone just arrived. We'll see what kind of curfews our student's have on weeknights in the summer. But don't get me wrong. We love that they are here. Shane and I are about to conclude 11 years of working with students, through teaching and in direct ministry. We are humbled to get to be part of their lives.
I cannot say enough how happy I am its summer. School's out, the sun is shining, hours outdoors and in the water await us, and my mood is as light as can be. Tomorrow we have playgroup in the morning so I'm off to bed to rest up for another fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment