Some days just aren't what you planned.
Plan A was for Simeon and Lieren to be at preschool and for the other boys and me to go play with a friend. But rain last week forced our preschool field trip to be rescheduled for today.
On to Plan B. I was going to join in with the field trip while Silas and Blaise spent the morning with a different friend. But Silas had a pretty bad headache last night and at about 10:30, I realized he had a fever.
So then Plan C was just for all of us to stay home. I figured (correctly) that Sim would prefer to miss the field trip if I wasn't going. But when the kids woke up (much later than a normal day because I assumed we weren't going anywhere), I could tell Lieren was disappointed to miss seeing the animals on the farm. So we moved on to the next plan, I threw clothes on the kids and grabbed the breakfast I had set out the night before for them to eat in the car. Thankfully I had planned for an early morning so had clothes set out, cereal on the counter and yoghurts in the fridge ready to go.
So this sweet girl was off on her own for her first field trip. So proud of her being brave...
I then took the three boys to the store. After a quick run through, we drove Simeon back to preschool to meet his returning class and finish the last hour of school with them. He may not have wanted to do the field trip, but I felt like the consistency of being there today was important.
Now Silas, who still doesn't feel that great but doesn't have a fever, and Blaise and I are enjoying the gorgeous weather at the park till we head back to the preschool for pick-up.
I felt like I needed to sit down for a minute. But I don't get much time with just 2 kids so I'm off to push them on the swings!



No comments:
Post a Comment