Friday, February 27, 2009

Heading Home

Silas and I are heading home tomorrow. Toys are put away, bags are packed, and we have our clothes laid out for the trip. It will be so hard to say goodbye. We will see my parents again in 5 months...during which Silas will probably learn to crawl, start to walk, and jabbering will turn to first words. Before these 5 months are over, Silas will turn 1.

But I'm not really writing this note to be sentimental. I'm really writing it to beg you to be in prayer with us as we travel home. Silas and I have some very short layovers and will have to be quick to make our connecting flights. Because we will have to go through security in both airport stops, and will have to do customs when we re-enter the US, I will have a lot to juggle in a short amount of time. So PLEASE PRAY that the Lord graciously provides for us along the way. I have no doubt that His Presence is with us and holds us fast (Psalm 139:9, 10). Pray we have eyes to see Him in each circumstance and trust Him with each encounter. Please hear my heart, I am not fearful of this trip. I simply know that there will be kinks. There always are. And I want to respond in a way that is pleasing and honoring to the Lord (Phil. 1:27).

We will be traveling from Friday evening until Saturday evening (US time).

We'll be home soon, Shane. Can't wait to see you!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Have a safe trip! I'll be praying for everything to go smoothly and for a Silas to be a very happy baby!

Charis Brown said...

Praying for you Brittany! Can't wait to see you and Silas and hear all about your trip. I have missed seeing you!
Charis