Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Bit of Vaca and Whatnot

I got to teach our high school students on Sunday night.  Shane taught last week on biblical manhood and asked me to teach on biblical womanhood.  It was challenging for me to work through the Titus 2 passage on what to teach younger women but a great blessing at the same time.  I was reminded of many ways I can keep growing as a wife, mother and foundation-builder for our home.

Favorite thing I said while I was teaching?  "Guys, you need to make sure you marry someone who has already worked out the submission issue in her heart.  Cause God is going to call you to do big things; we want Him to call you to things you never imagined.  And some of those things might be scary.  So you don't want to have to battle your wife on it too."  Like I said, it was challenging to me personally.  Especially the point about self-control during which I talked about restraining our tongues.  Lord, help me.

We had a nice, quiet weekend.  Except for Saturday night when many of our students descended upon our home for a get-together.  It was fun to have them over again.  It had been a while.  And my now-hungry pregnant self has been benefiting from the leftover snacks!

Here is a glimpse of our first few hours of vacation.  As you can see, we didn't really even change, just went straight for the sand and water...








And then that evening as we got settled in and ready for bed, the kids enjoyed watching the boats go by...

No comments: