Thursday, October 20, 2011

Unlikely

I have found myself starting a blog post several times in the past week or so, only to abandon it for something else more pressing.  Sleep, mostly.  And every time I thought about what I would say, it felt so whiny and complain-y that I couldn't let myself write it out.

But today...today has been the renewing breath that I needed.  It's interesting really.  No one came and unpacked our suitcases.  No one folded my laundry, cleaned my bathrooms, or did the dishes.  No one watched my children (well, no one else did;  I did, just to be clear).  No one brought us meals.  But finally today, I felt like doing what needed to be done.  Finally today I had the energy.  And finally today the chaos that has been our home is a bit more tidy.  I could not be more thankful.

There are still a couple suitcases from our vacation yet to be unpacked and about three loads of laundry to tackle.  As I was putting away the children's clothes, I found a box of Silas' old things for Simeon that I need to sort through.  And then there is the pile of paperwork that needs to be filed.  So there is still much to be done.  But just having started is enough to give me a sense of the organized light on the horizon.

I am 14 weeks along in this pregnancy and have never been happier to see the second trimester.  These have been some long, hard weeks.  Honestly, I have not walked it with as much grace as I would have liked.

I told the Lord recently that I was sure He had chosen the wrong person for this.  I am the most unlikely of women to be called to what He has given us:  four very small people with four very small ages.  But even in my wonderings, He has been true to remind me:

..."if we are faithless, He remains faithful"
2 Timothy 2:13

What a promise!  Renewing, restoring, keeping, forgiving, perfecting...He is faithful.

And so we begin really looking forward to April when this little one will join our family...

These were taken when I was nine weeks.  I went for a second ultrasound and began chatting with the tech about the 3D pictures on the wall.  She sweetly took some for me even though she was not obligated and I didn't even ask.  Such a perfect little person, so tiny and yet obviously a real, moving baby.  At just 9 weeks.


I am definitely showing.  I took this a few weeks ago.  It's crazy how quick I felt pregnant this time...

I am still planning to post pictures of our vacation.  And a few other things we have been up to lately.  Silas got to have a fun outing on Friday with a friend.  Natalie wrote about it here.

So it's 10:03 now.  I can barely keep my eyes open.  Fading.  So I'm off.

No comments: