Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Good Day

I knew it was going to be a good day when Silas slept in till 9:30! He must have been tired from a late night Sunday and a long, fun day of playing with his friends Ian and Nate yesterday while I was at work. He was so tired when we got home last night but I didn't get him into bed until 8:30. He made a few peeps early in the morning, but went right back to sleep. When he did wake up, he talked happily in his crib until I walked in to get him up. It was delightful to get him up with us both feeling calmly relaxed and refreshed.

We had a late night Sunday because the Southern Baptist Convention is in Louisville this week and we decided to spend a few hours there at the Pastor's Conference. It was fun to see friends from here in the area but also some who had come from Missouri. We even parked right next to Dr. Jerry Rankin, the president of the International Mission Board, and his wife, Bobbye. My family has known them for years. It was a treat to hug them and show them our Silas.

Silas spent his time at the Convention crawling all over and pulling up on everything in sight. I did go check out the childcare area, but decided not to endure the emotional turmoil of the separation. Silas was happy enough with us. He loved the worship music and big screens. He pushed his own stroller back and forth at the back of the auditorium, had a snack, and leaned back in his stroller with his feet up at the end of the night. It was so cute. I forgot our camera, but we took some pictures on our phones. When I get that figured out, I'll post them.

Taking Silas to the Convention was kind of a big deal for me because I have not been since I was two weeks old. My parents took me that summer right after I was born. Now here we are, taking Silas.

We have a busy week...errands today, swimming with friends tomorrow (CAN'T WAIT TO GET PICS OF THE BOYS SWIMMING), and my grandparents come to visit on Thursday. I'm sure I'll be sharing pictures of the days to come...

1 comment:

Amber said...

Silas is a cutie! Been thinking about you and missing you friend! I've been meaning to email you... someday soon :) Story of my life!