Last year June 28 was a Saturday. And I have no idea what we were doing on that day. I'm guessing I was cleaning the house to prepare to have my parents come stay with us. Maybe we went out to get one or two last-minute baby things. I'm sure I re-arranged Silas' baby closet one more time.
So since I can't remember this particular day, I was looking back on blog posts from last year right before Silas was born. Even though I was over my due date on this day, I had many thoughts about the timing of his birth. I shared that Shane and I had celebrated our anniversary the weekend before, just in case our baby came a bit early. And I noted that Silas' name was a God-given reflection of how He had worked in our lives last year.
-----
June 28, 2009
Silas is 11 months, 3 weeks, and 5 days old.
While I am getting ready in the morning, Silas loves to pull everything out of the cabinet below my sink. He does it slowly and deliberately; he examines each bottle or tube, shakes them, squeezes them, then throws them behind him. Don't worry, all the "ouchies" are locked in the cabinet under Shane's sink.
Silas has been going to the nursery at church for months now. But just recently he has decided it's really hard to say goodbye to Mommy and Daddy when we drop him off. Therefore, the whole thing has become torture. Once we're gone for a few minutes, he calms and plays happily. But his pacifier is his best friend at church so far.
I do like to have him in worship with us. So about one Sunday a month we keep him, hold him during the music, and one of us takes him out once the sermon starts. We did that today.
We worship with Silas all the time. We sing songs about Jesus at naptime and bedtime. He hears me memorize scripture. He pauses before mealtime for us to pray (even if it's forced right now, you know?). Church will always be a vital part of our lives, but it will never take the place of Silas seeing Christ reflected in our everyday lives. Before he was born, I never took this responsibility as deeply to heart as I do now. Silas is starting to learn. My prayer is that the Truth of the Cross be the most important thing we ever teach him.
2 comments:
We're home and are enjoying all the blog posts. I'm thankful Great Papa and Nana got to visit!
It's good to remember what great things God has done.
Awesome!!!- You two are great parents- Silas is lucky. I am learning that same thing when our little girl was born 3 months ago.
Post a Comment